Sunday, February 10, 2019

UNIV 300 Week 5 Assignment

Gingivialis > periodontal disease> added the following subject terms:

DE "PERIODONTAL disease" OR DE "AGGRESSIVE periodontitis" OR DE "GINGIVITIS" OR DE "PERIODONTAL pockets" AND NEURO*

-          What part of this lesson did you find useful?
o   I did not know about the * when using Boolean searches.  This is very helpful as sometimes you don’t want to search for an exact word but using a simplified version that opens the search results will be helpful.  I have already used it on this week’s exercises and Discussion questions.  I also haven’t used the parentheses in the past and found that they are helpful, especially when I have some terms that are an OR plus the AND (in cases where I need that modifier).
-          How do you intend to use these skills for future searches?
o   For this week’s assignment, I actually started poking around with my research terms so that I could produce clearer search results.  Until now, I had to sift through results that are very broad.  I look forward to producing different results and how this method can help with my research.  As mentioned above, I really liked the use of the * and parentheses. 
-          Do you have any questions about Boolean searching or subject terms?
 Not at this time.

No comments: